Compiling Guppy. was RE: 1.{56} dependency list

Kevin Finn kevinfinn@mediaone.net
Mon, 28 May 2001 20:31:27 -0500

Phillip Shelton wrote:

> Hmmm.  As far as I know ( and I would like to have someone more
> knowledgeable than I help out here) you need the 3.1 DTD in the catalog, as
> jade is looking for the 3.1 DocBook DTD.  Is there any way of telling which
> catalog file that jade is using?
>
> I am sure that having more that one catalog file can make things very
> confused.

I had the same docbook problems and never could find a Mandrake RPM that
would set up things properly.  I eventually got the gnucash manual
working with the following info:

http://www.nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc/install.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/tools.html

I know nothing about docbook (OK, before setting it up I knew less than
nothing, *now* I know nothing :) but this worked for me.

--

Kevin Finn
kevinfinn@mediaone.net