Build problem: g-wrap run before configure

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
14 Nov 2001 17:46:11 -0800

--=-f4bmptiDSu33bQfmPvn5

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 12:57, Derek Atkins wrote:
> If you make a change to Makefile.am in the G-wrap section of
> a makefile and then try to rebuild, it will fail.  The reason
> is that the ordering is such that automake is run first, then
> g-wrap is run, and _THEN_ it tries to run config.status to
> rebuild the Makefile.
>=20
> This ordering just seems wrong.  In particular, it's a problem
> when you are trying to adjust the g-wrap rules.
>=20
> The current workaround is to run configure (or config.status) by hand,
> but that's a pain in the butt.  The dependencies should get corrected
> to autogen the Makefile properly.

The problem here is that the generated *.[ch] are put
in the BUILT_SOURCES variable so their include dependencies
get tracked. However, that means they have to be created
before the Makefile, since the Makefile contains the
dependencies. Maybe we can just take out the BUILT_SOURCES
and not worry about the include dependencies.

dave

--=-f4bmptiDSu33bQfmPvn5

--=-f4bmptiDSu33bQfmPvn5--