Build problem: g-wrap run before configure

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
14 Nov 2001 23:26:40 -0800

--=-h9uaYkIU8ZYapSogzLr0

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 19:12, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:
>=20
> > The problem here is that the generated *.[ch] are put
> > in the BUILT_SOURCES variable so their include dependencies
> > get tracked. However, that means they have to be created
> > before the Makefile, since the Makefile contains the
> > dependencies. Maybe we can just take out the BUILT_SOURCES
> > and not worry about the include dependencies.
> >=20
> > dave
>=20
> If we do that, wont that mean that files wont be rebuilt if the
> g-wrap spec changes?

No, the files will still depend on the spec file.
They just won't be built before Makefile and thus
their dependencies won't always get processed.
So they might not be recompiled when they should
be.

dave

--=-h9uaYkIU8ZYapSogzLr0

--=-h9uaYkIU8ZYapSogzLr0--