SPARC/Solaris compilation problem solved

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:33:47 -0600

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> The problem was the /usr/bin/sed is b0rked.  I put GNU sed
> into my path and it solved the problem.
>
> When generating libtool is there any way we can specially look
> for GNU sed and use that instead of "sed"?  Unfortunately "sed'
> is hard-coded throughout libtoo/ltmain.sh

I tend to think it would be better to add a configure check to see if
the sed in the user's PATH is the broken one (is there something we
can test for?), and if it is, then issue an AC_MSG_ERROR stating that
the user needs to arrange to have the real sed available sooner in
their PATH.

> Anyways, I can now build CVS-Gnucash on Sparc/Solaris.  Thanks
> to a collegue of mine for pointing me in the right direction.

Wonderful.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu