Migration to gnucash as guile script has begun.

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:45:01 -0600

I just finished committing the result of some mildly agonizing time
spent fighting with libtool, ldso, guile, missing/mutual dependencies,
and other friends.

src/gnucash.sh is now a simple guile script that should completely
replicate the behavior of the main gnucash binary -- let me know where
it doesn't.  It gets placed into the install tree in the bin
directory; please give it a try.  Eventually, probably soon,
gnucash.sh will completely replace the current gnucash binary, but I
wanted to get it out for a little testing first.

I consider this a first rough pass, and there are quite a number of
things that already need cleaning up, but it's still kinda amusing.  I
will begin overhauling the whole startup process shortly, with a keen
eye on simplification.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu