setenv() undeclared on Solaris

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
16 Nov 2001 19:53:44 -0800

--=-2C1LCCoDdCmXxE5rQ32e

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 19:33, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I get this error from cvs-current on Solaris:
>=20
> gnc-module.c:129: implicit declaration of function `setenv'
>=20
> Moreover, setenv is not defined in any header file, nor is it actually
> defined in libc!  Solaris does have putenv...  If we're going to
> depend on setenv() then we should supply one for platforms that need
> it (like Solaris).
>=20
> Sorry, no patch here.

Yes, every release time we usually end up going
around and removing all of the setenv calls that
have crept in. putenv is used everywhere else so
we might as well just standardize on that. With
g_strdup_printf, it's not that big of a deal,
anyway.

dave

--=-2C1LCCoDdCmXxE5rQ32e

--=-2C1LCCoDdCmXxE5rQ32e--