code in cvs is broken

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:07:36 -0600

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 03:16:43PM -0600, Bill Gribble was heard to remark:
> I would like to see much of the stuff in src/gnome be rewritten in
> Scheme, mainly because GUI code is so much smaller and clearer when you
> have anonymous functions and closures available for callbacks.

sounds good to me.  I guess performance shouldn't be a problem (menus
don't eat cpu; the ledger/register loading & etc. should remain in C
for performance.)   I am concerned about stability.  Crashes & hangs...
it could be a nightmare if gnucash keeps crashing due to low-level
guile/gtk bugs.

But we do a lot of re-write in gnucash, which doesn't always seem like
its really needed to me.  I'd much rather see work on new features...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>