Attaching one Split* to multiple Account*s

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Nov 2001 09:50:47 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> Keep in mind that the sql backend doesn't currently support
> KVP_TYPE_GLIST.

Oh..  Good to know.  Hrm.  This might cause a problem.

> > Obviously being able to point to the Entry(Splits) directly from both
> > Invoice and Order Accounts would be better, but that would require
> > fundamental changes to the engine architecture.  Does anyone have any
> > better ideas than what I've laid out above?
>
> What if you pointed from the order entry to the invoice using the
> entry's kvp? Or just have two entries and use the transaction kvp
> to store the 'real' data, using the entries as pointers.

Oooooooooh.  There's a thought!  What I had been doing was using the
parent account of the Split to point to the Order and pointing to the
Invoice as a GUID in the kvp.  Making the Entry into a Transaction and
using Splits to point to the Order and Invoice would certainly be
clever, if a little "heavy-handed".  But it might work.  I'll go look
into that.

Thanks!