The gnucash binary now removed from CVS - (and config issues)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Nov 2001 13:42:26 -0500

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> Oh, and for the moment, gnucash-env just uses whichever guile's in
> your PATH -- it doesn't do anything fancy.  It presumes that you have
> your envt set up for whichever guile you want to be using at any given
> time.
>
> OTOH, the fact that -rpath is used so heavily these days for standard
> binaries argues that perhaps this shouldn't be the normal
> expectation...

Unfortunately this will break in my environment, where the 'default'
guile wont work.  I have provided an alternative guile, but it will
not be in users' paths properly.

Please do not assume that users' PATHs are set the same as the
builder's PATH.  The builder's PATH should take precedence unless the
USER goes out of their way to change the default.  It should behave
just like -rpath, except for binaries.