The gnucash binary now removed from CVS - (and config issues)

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
21 Nov 2001 17:31:59 -0800

--=-F2M5Q2eRKji/C2VRzZFZ

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 11:24, Rob Browning wrote:
> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
>=20
> > I think this would work..  (I had to do something like this to
> > work around the 'sed' problem on Solaris ;)
>=20
> It's done, and it seems to work fine.  The only drawback is that
> people using gnucash-env can't avoid using the configured guile, but
> we could fix that with a gnucash-env envt var or argument like
> GNC_NO_GUILE_OVERRIDE, or whatever.
>=20
> Also I'll want to see what dave has to say, some of this might be as
> well or better served by gnucash-run-script somehow...

gnucash-run-script was originally just for guile scripts,
so it invoked guile by default. I added GNC_SCRIPT later
on. Either way is fine, though since most of the time you
are running guile scripts, being able to omit the 'guile -s'
is nice.

dave

--=-F2M5Q2eRKji/C2VRzZFZ

--=-F2M5Q2eRKji/C2VRzZFZ--