Scheduled transaction entry idea

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
25 Nov 2001 16:31:17 -0500

Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> writes:

> Not really.  It seems more like you want Scheduled/Recurring A/P than a
> Template SX... and I would handle that differently [i.e., keep the same
> SX framework, but instead of a Template Transaction, have a Template A/P
> ... depending on how different Transaction and A/P are.  I would hope that
> the A/P editor is integrated into the SplitLedger that already exists,
> but I defer to Derek/others about how that should best be done].
>
> I do believe there's an advantage to having A/P for personal finance [I'm
> thinking budgeting and intra-month funds allocation], but only after the
> tools to play with that are created...

In my view, the A/R and A/P accounts are part of the core (they are
just specialized Asset and Liability accounts).  I think that a
Personal A/P should be possible without all the extra Invoice crap,
however I need to figure out how due-dates would work in that
situation.

My hope is to provide multiple ways to enter transactions into A/P.
For the personal user they would use A/P like any other account, but
for businesses there would be a more formal process to keep track of
the intermediate steps.  The only issue, as I mentioned, is how to
keep track of the due date.