Business Processes

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
25 Nov 2001 16:26:40 -0800

--=-Yz/83qBTogCmWRIamfAc

On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 16:23, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:
>=20
> > Glade actually has a bit more extensibility than we have been
> > using. You can register a handler for 'new' widgets. Currently,
> > you don't get anything in the way of configurability for those
> > widgets like you do with the existing ones, but you can at least
> > get them inserted.
>=20
> Oh?  How?
>=20
> It _would_ make life much easier to do this, although we would still
> need to have either a mapping or forced consistency between the object
> names, member names, widget names, table names, etc.  But this
> shouldn't be too hard to maintain, IMHO.

If you look at the Glade UI, there is a widget called something
like 'custom widget' where you can only enter something like a
string name. You can register a custom widget handler with glade
that is supposed to create the widget given the name. I don't know
all the details, I only discovered it until well after we had already=20
started using Glade.

dave

--=-Yz/83qBTogCmWRIamfAc

--=-Yz/83qBTogCmWRIamfAc--