gnucash/src/register/ledger-core/split-register-layout.c

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
25 Nov 2001 23:07:26 -0800

--=-A8PxuZHSfm+2Az1HzNQF

On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 22:31, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 04:02:33PM -0800, Dave Peticolas was heard to rem=
ark:
>=20
> > > This means I have three choices:
> > > 	a) make the SplitLedger extensible (somehow)
> >=20
> > It should be a), I think.
>=20
> Dave, if we do this, we will have two types of scheme code:=20
> 'guts' and 'config'.
>=20
> We will want to discourage ordinary folks from tweaking the 'guts'
> but we want to put the 'config' stuff in plain sight, and encourage
> experimentation.
>=20
> Right now, we don't distinguish between these.  Its just 'scm' all
> around.
>=20
> For example: The html 'style sheets'.  There are two right now:
> 'default' and 'technicolor'.  How does one create a third?=20
> Where's it documented?  Notice that no one is mailing in new,=20
> improved stylesheets?  I assume that this is because its simply=20
> not documented, that the scheme config is just buried in there=20
> with the other scheme code that does lord-knows-what.
>=20
> So when we create a configurable register, we'll need to put
> it somewhere where its seen, where its obvious.   Don't know
> how, but that's what is needed ...

Sure, we could put the configurable portion in a location clearly=20
intended as such (/etc/gnucash/registers ?)

dave

--=-A8PxuZHSfm+2Az1HzNQF

--=-A8PxuZHSfm+2Az1HzNQF--