(no subject)

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:13:42 +1000

On Mon, 01 Oct 2001 06:13:19 G.LeeJohnson wrote:
> > Thanks for the report, but we need more information about exactly
> > what caused the crash.  We need to able to reproduce the crash
> > before we can attempt to fix it!
>
> It may indeed be my making but yes entire program stops and exits
> completely upon initial click of report button on main menu..
>
> in case is realted its also continually now asking for lock file for my
> checking account..that database may be in use by another user..of which I
> am only one.

It is related, but only in that gnucash creates a "lock" file when you open
a file, and removes it when the file is closed (when you shut down the
program
or open up a different file).  As the program terminated abnormally due
to the bug you've found, the lock file didn't get deleted, so to make the
message go away delete it yourself.  It'll be in the same directory as your
gnucash file and be of the same name, with a bunch of numbers and .LCK on
the
end.  Make sure that you're deleting the .LCK file rather than your data
file!

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig