Documentation

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:31:08 -0700 (PDT)

> My wife, Carol Champagne, wrote quite a bit of documentation a while back
> for GnuCash, but it's not finished.  Even if it is unfinished, it includes

I would be happy to incorporate this, she has done an excellent job!

> still apply.  The files are still are only in text format, not sgml or html.

I can take care of the conversion.

> Is anyone interested in helping to clean up these files and make use
> of them?  Does anyone have information on how to note the copyright
> for documentation like this?  I know how it is done for GPL code, but
> I'm not sure how to release documentation under a free license.

I know how to do this as well. I have done this previously as part of my
work on things in the GNOME Documentation Project. Its mainly what she has
already done, put a copy of the FDL in and state that the docs are her
copyright.

The following states it more clearly:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/licenses.html

Chris