budgeting

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
01 Oct 2001 14:24:31 -0700

--=-9PbSil4EXqONVVm6cP1t

On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 14:20, Daniel Hagerty wrote:
>  > Good point. Do you need to track individual expense items for that?
>=20
>     For that particular question, probably not.  There are probably
> questions where you do want to know.  (How much did that TV I couldn't
> afford really cost me when I count the interest?)

But isn't that completely arbitrary? I mean, unless you bought one
single thing with your card, saying that "I paid off this but not
that" just seems to be a mental fiction that doesn't serve any
purpose.

I'm trying to avoid excess complexity here. Having the budgeting
system go and mark line-items when you pay your credit card bill
seems way too complicated for what you might get in return. Am
I misunderstanding the proposal?

dave

--=-9PbSil4EXqONVVm6cP1t

--=-9PbSil4EXqONVVm6cP1t--