Multicurrency and 1.6.3

Daniel Egger degger@fhm.edu
03 Oct 2001 14:21:07 +0200

Am Mit, 2001-10-03 um 08.18 schrieb 1002089932:

Thanks for your reply.

> Yes, it certainly is. The next major release of GnuCash, hopefully
> before the end of the year, will allow you to transfer between any
> two accounts directly, no intermediate currency accounts required.

That's great news. I'm really looking forward to this feature.

> Have you tried changing the 'default' currency to EUR in the settings
> window?

Yes, though now all balances and charts are in EUR. However this works
surprisingly well; all the values in the charts are the corresponding
values in EUR while the portofolio script refuses to work at all in DEM.

> You can enter expressions in any field that accepts numerical
> input. You can even define conversion variables (x=5.5) and gnucash
> will remember them.

I read about it but forgot afterwards, thanks for reminding me. I tried
putting an EUR in the field but this didn't work at all. This would be
a cool additional feature: Put an currency symbol in the field and the
values are automatically converted to the native currency using.

--
Servus,
       Daniel