Gnucash Help Manual

Duarte Loreto happyguy_pt@hotmail.com
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 18:09:30 +0100

   Hello!

Although a bit late, I would like to share my thoughts on this one...

>Subject: Gnucash Help Manual
>From: Chris Lyttle <chris@wilddev.net>
>Date: 30 Sep 2001 02:39:33 -0700
>
>I wish to propose a major reorganisation of the Gnucash help manual. (...)
>	Preface/ TOC
>	Intro
>	Main Window
>	Menus
>	Accessing the Register and Entering Transactions
>	Financial Reports
>	Printing
>	Importing and Exporting
>	Stocks and Shares
>	Preferences and Settings
>	Currencies
>	Tax Reports/Exports
>	Small Business Features
>	Feedback

I just miss one thing around here... Configuration. Tell the user tips on
how to set up an accounting book. For example, when I first started using
personal finance software, I decided I would use the bank account as the
place to draw money from. Then, I realized I could never validate bank
movement lists with my records. Now, I'll start using a "pocket money"
account...

I believe that the Small Business Features will include the explanation on
how to use A/R & A/P. This is looked at as an advanced feature or company
feature, but I think it is also a great way to manage your money and do some
kind of budgeting analisys.

The currency section should include EURO conversion for the European people
around here. Like how to convert one account from PTE into EURO. Or how to
manage transactions in both currencies. Or how to exchange money from one
EURO currency into another (DM -> PTE)

In general. I think the TOC is great. I haven't checked out the other
proposed manual whose address was sent to the list, but maybe you could see
if integration was possible in order to maximize both people's work.

Have fun!

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"