Bug in QIF importer

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Oct 2001 09:58:47 -0400

What type of account is the QIF import?  I noticed that if the
QIF file contains equity trades (stocks or mutual funds, for
example), then it will automatically create a sub-account for
that commodity.  For example, if your QIF file has trades of
e.g. '500Idx', and you tell the importer that it belongs in
gnucash account Foo:Bar, it would create Foo:Bar:500Idx.

Whether this is a bug or not is questionable -- how should the
importer behave if you've got trades of multiple commodities in the
same "QIF account" file?

-derek