GnuCash Daily Source Diff

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
19 Oct 2001 14:04:34 -0700

--=-z/jvDai6qhFsLXsYNkQT

On Fri, 2001-10-19 at 12:16, Linas Vepstas wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Dave,
>=20
> I just reviewed another change I saw you make a few days ago,
> and this one doesn't make sense to me.  It *almost* makes sense,=20
> but not quite.
>=20
> In kvp-sql.c, you explicitly set the object type in pgendKVPDelete().
> But this can't be right ... the only allowed obect type for a kvp
> record is 'k'. =20

Ah, ok. This makes sense now.

> I think that you were trying to fix a bug related to changes to kvp
> values in multi-user mode.  Is this so?

It actually turned up in single-user mode. When deleting a split
in a transactoin, it would try to delete the kvp frame of the split.
But the original sql command didn't specify the object type for the
audit record of the kvp frame and this
was causing the query to fail, at least under Postgres 7.0. So I looked
at the list of object types in event.c and assumed it had to be one of
those, presumably the type from which the kvp frame came from. But this
is easy to fix now.

dave

--=-z/jvDai6qhFsLXsYNkQT

--=-z/jvDai6qhFsLXsYNkQT--