autoconf question for 1.6.4?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
27 Oct 2001 13:42:51 -0700

--=-HQQovUP4LXTsd3//vJNl

On Fri, 2001-10-26 at 11:16, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I spent about 6 or 7 hours last night and this morning fighting with
> Gnucash 1.6.4 to get it built.  I can at least start gnucash and I get
> a window displayed :)

Congrats :)

> Is there any particular reason that configure has to look for the zvt,
> bonobo, and oaf libraries?  The configure script claims that they are
> required by guppi or gtkhtml -- but if so wouldn't the `gnome-config`
> output for guppi or gtkhtml actually return the appropriate
> information?

It would, but then configure wouldn't catch it, or it would find
out when some later test failed mysteriously. Basically, those
tests get added when someone says "configure failed on X but I
have X and it turns out the test for X was failing because they
didn't have Y". So they are rather ad-hoc.

dave

--=-HQQovUP4LXTsd3//vJNl

--=-HQQovUP4LXTsd3//vJNl--