engine-helpers bug

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:08:37 -0600 (CST)

I've got a bug that I am not sure how to hack around.

Since libgncengine.so doesn't exist any more, I assume that
libgncmod-engine.so is the right thing to link to.  However:

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-engine.so.0: undefined symbol: gnc_engine_commodity_table_new

# grep gnc_engine_commodity_table_new *.c
engine-helpers.c:gnc_engine_commodity_table_new (void)
gnc-book.c:  book->commodity_table = gnc_engine_commodity_table_new ();

However engine-helpers.c is not a part of  libgncmod-engine.so,
instead, its a part of libgw-engine.so which doesn't seem like the
appropriate thing to link to, when using the non-g-wrapped version
of the engine libraries.

What is the suggested fix for this?  At the moment, there is no way to
use the engine without also invoking guile.  Is this really the intent?

--linas