current CVS fails to build: version.texi not found

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
31 Oct 2001 17:55:01 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> It's supposed to be created by the build when it enters
> that directory. For some reason, it doesn't always work.
> Attached is the copy from my build tree.

Ok.

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's not being
built.

-derek

PS: I still think the configure check for bonobo is overkill and,
in my case, is causing configure to fail even though a build would
work.  The reason is that I built gkthtml _WITHOUT_ bonobo support,
so it isn't required.

Perhaps if you're going to check on sub-dependencies you might want
to make sure those dependencies exist first?  For example, I
could see something like:

if [ echo $(GTKHTML_LIBS) | grep '-lbonobo' ]; then
  AC_CHECK_LIB (bonobo, ... )
fi