GTT: Announce & Question

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:21:07 -0500

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:30:01PM -0400, Paul Lussier was heard to remark:
>=20
> In a message dated: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 12:21:16 CDT
> Linas Vepstas said:
>=20
> >This is an announcement & a question to the developers:
> >
> >GTT -- Gnome Time Tracker -- New version
> >
> >Instead of banging on GnuCash, I've recently turned my attention to
> >Gtt, the Gnome Time Tracker, and added a bucket-full of new features.
> >These should be appearing in 1.4.0.99, and (a bit cleaned up) in the
> >final gnome-1.4.
> >
> >The goal of doing this was to provide a way of gathering time-billing
> >data and tying it to gnucash, so that contracting invoices (e.g. at
> >law offices) could be easily prepared.
>=20
> I thought the idea was to use evolution for this type of thing, since=20
> evolution can also be tied to a database backend?  Have things=20
> changed, or dit gtt seem more readily available than evolution at=20
> this point?

Yow!

The version of evolution that I have has nothing like this in it,
and I wasn't aware that they have anything like this planned.  I
thought I'd contacted a suffcient number of gnome people, but maybe=20
not. I was thinking of exporting the time-tables to the evolution
calendar ... but hadn't really thought it through ...=20

Um, I certainly don't want to waste my time creating something=20
that will be obsoleted by ximian in short order .... is there
someone at ximian whom I should contact ?? (besides Miguel, I guess?)

--linas