GTT: Announce & Question

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:44:29 -0400

In a message dated: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:34:29 CDT
Linas Vepstas said:

>On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 03:38:43PM -0400, James LewisMoss was heard to remark:
>>
>>  Linas> This is an announcement & a question to the developers:
>>
>>  Linas> GTT -- Gnome Time Tracker -- New version
>>
>>  Linas> I could export a gnucash-format xml file, but I don't beleive
>>  Linas> that there is currently any way of importing/merging-in
>>  Linas> 'fractional' xml files.  Would Dres, as the current maintainer
>>  Linas> of this code, have any comments about this?  Is this easy?
>>  Linas> hard?  Could I get you to add this, or do I have to buckle
>>  Linas> down and do this myself?
>>
>> It's easy.  Maybe a couple hundred lines of code.
>
>OK, excellent.

I'm curious, could this also be used to import other gnc generated
files?  One of the things I was trying to do recently was create a new
file for the year 2001, but keep the file for the year 2000 separate.

Since there's no real code for "closing" out a year, I thought this
might be a good way to try and work around it.  I could end one year,
export my list of accounts, open up a new year, etc.  Additionally,
if I wanted to do yearly comparisons, I could maintain a third file
which would be all the yearly files appended to one another in order.

It sounds like this might work, any comments?
--

Seeya,
Paul