GTT: Announce & Question

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:41:39 -0400

In a message dated: 05 Sep 2001 09:25:39 CDT
Bill Gribble said:

>On Wed, 2001-09-05 at 08:06, Paul Lussier wrote:
>> [referring to MrProject:
>>   Got a URL for this? :)
>
>http://www.codefactory.se ... it's in Debian, too.  MrProject is just a
>little Gantt chart type scheduling/project management app.  It is pretty
>much Bonoboized so it might be not too hard to integrate with other
>stuff.

Hmmm, having played with this for some time today, it seems that
MrProject is pretty decent.  Took me some time to figure out how to
use it, having never used proj. mgt. sw. before in my life :)

Some observations:
	- Help needs a lot of help
	- Some quirky bugs which cause it to crash pretty easily,
	  so save early and often!
	- Lots of features missing (like cut'n'paste, copy, undo/redo, etc.)
	- Not sure how this would be integrated into gnc, I'm
	  assuming all we really need is to get the total number of billable
	  units out of it ?
	- Requires Evolution if you want to use the "Mail as attachment feature"
Pretty cool though!  The managers around here will probably love it
(provided they save often, and it doesn't crash too often :)

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul