Deposit Slip

David Raleigh Arnold dra@openguitar.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:30:21 -0500

Almost a decade ago, when I first purchased a copy
of Managing Your Money, I was dismayed to discover
that there was *no deposit slip*.  I never found
a single checkbook program that provided one.  I
found and accounting program later which did one
but it couldn't even sort the entries by date!

Why to you think that the check register is the
thing everybody wants to enter deposits?  That
sucks.  The only thing worse is a virtual check
up on the screen.

I did a crappy little qbasic program that makes
a list of checks and cash received and then makes
a deposit slip for the checks only to take to
the bank and also adds up that which is income
whether cash or check for tax purposes.  It would
be a *great* front end improvement if you would
do that.  For me, it would make your program
worth using, which it is not now.  I'm sure you
could do a better job of it than I did.

"Where there's smoke, there's mirrors."  --Duke
David Raleigh Arnold  dra@openguitar.com