gnucash-devel digest, Vol 1 #854 - 2 msgs

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
23 Sep 2001 17:46:36 -0700

> > FWIW: This is the problem with GNOME and most of GNU/Linux in general.
> > They have NO CONCEPT of release managment or standards.  This is why no
> > one is adopting GNU/Linux on the desktop in corporate america.  We can
> > laugh at M$ all we want, but they do this fairly well.
>
> Nah, that's bullshit.  You weren't there when they were coding win95.

Its even more bullshit that no one in corporate america is adopting it.
I remember when win 3.1 was around, a lot of people stuck with plain old
DOS on the desktop cause it was such a piece of shite and unstable as
hell. The only reason MS is there now is that they were able to tie in
their office suite to pre-installs by computer manufacturers of thier
OS's. MS's grip on the desktop has nothing to do with stability or
release management or standards. In fact MS has routinely taken
standards and bastardized them for their own gain. Maybe you're right
that Linux will never have the desktop share that MS has, but I'll take
Linux any day over MS even with having to upgrade libs, etc to get what
I want to run.

Chris