Transaction voiding

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:15:31 -0400

In a message dated: 25 Sep 2001 10:51:45 CDT
Bill Gribble said:

>I'm interested in adding support for transaction voiding to the engine.
>That is, the transaction and splits continue to exist in the engine but
>they don't affect balances.
[...snip...]
>Any thoughts about how to do this?

What about using the action tags someone mentioned a while back.
That way you could just mark a transaction as "Void", and the engine
could essentially perform an

	if (! $VOID) {
		calc_splits($trans_num);
		add_to_balance($trans_num);
	}

on each transaction? (yeah I know it's not scheme, but perl is all I
know :)
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon