XML-RPC interface (was: Will GnuCash ever work for me?)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
26 Sep 2001 18:35:05 -0400

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> The entity hash is clearly session data. However, I think the commodity
> table properly belongs to a dataset, since two gnucash datasets can have
> 'matching' commodities that differ in important details, like smallest
> fractional amount.

Ok, I can see that.  Sure.

> I was still thinking there would be exactly one book per session.
> Otherwise I think things could get very complicated.

Perhaps.  I was thinking mostly in the case of combining books, or
perhaps "closing books".  Or at a minimum at times when you open
a book and then "save-as" to move it to a different location (or
a different backend).