Ofx and Budgeting support

nigel_gnucash-devel@unos.net nigel_gnucash-devel@unos.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:33:53 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Sep, Josh Sled wrote:
<snip>
> I think that the user may want to budget at a different level than
> their income/expense account hierarchy...
>
> For instance, I might have 5 sub-accounts for various specifications of
> things, but want to budget them all as one item [I'm finding it hard to
> come up with an example, but I'm at work :)]...
<snip>

I currently want to budget $40 for "Entertainment" every month, but I
want to track the expense using "Movie" (i.e. "we went to a movie") and
"Video" (i.e. "we rented a video").  This way I can tell how often we
blow our budget on going out to the movies versus the much cheaper
rental route.

Does that count as a good example?

Nato