Migration to gnucash as guile script has begun.

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
02 Apr 2002 07:56:21 -0600

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 16:29, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I would hate not having a binary available for testing and
> development... I didn't think you could run 'gdb' on a shell script?
> Or does this shell script just set up a bunch of environment variables
> and then call out to some other application (i.e. guile)?

It's not really a shell script, it's a guile program.  It just uses a
shell-script header to launch guile.  i.e.

#! /bin/sh
guile -s "$0"
!#

(scheme-function-calls-here)

I think you can just change the 'guile' to 'gdb guile' and away you go.
It might make sense to have an alternate script that does this;
gnucash-gdb or something.

rlb: do you think the name 'gnucash.sh' is appropriate?  Shouldn't it be
gnucash.scm?

b.g.