code in cvs is broken

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:23:55 -0600

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 07:56:32AM -0600, Bill Gribble was heard to remark:
> On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 13:19, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > Right. Don't write a parser.  Don't load the currencies from a file.
> > Let the engine start out empty, buck-naked.  The engine does not need
> > to know about currencies; the engine shouldn't read initialization info
> > from a file.
>

> To me, it's important that we support scriptability to the extent that

1) I am not sure why we are resuming a 5 month old conversation.

2) I wrote my original note because the currency design at that time
   broke some other things I was trying to do.  So I was trying to
   get the best of both worlds.  If you take the narrow view of what
   gnucash can currently do, you are right. But if you take the
   broad view, of what gnucash could do or how it could be used,
   that particular currency design was an anchor chain.

   Anyway, I thought it was fixed/modifed to my satisfaction;
   unless it reverted ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>