XML size (was: no subject)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Apr 2002 11:35:17 -0500

I for one would love to move back to a binary format...  Then again I
was always saying that moving to XML was a Bad Idea (TM).

In my (hopes) to make the data model more data-driven, IMHO the
easiest way to implement this would be for each data type object
to implement its' own I/O routines.  See src/business/business-core/file/
for an example for XML.

Unfortunately most things currently assume that "file" implies
XML.  Uggh.

-derek