XML size

Paul Lussier plussier@mindspring.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:27:55 -0500

In a message dated: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:08:15 CST
Glen Ditchfield said:

>Every now and then someone on gnucash-devel suggests modifying GnuCash to let
>it read and write gzipped files.  Sounds good to me ...

And since GnuCash is written primarily in Scheme (unless I'm
mistaken), couldn't you borrow something from Emacs' jka-compr mode?
(or is elisp that much different that it won't work?)

I know nothing about lisp or scheme, but it seems that this code is
essentially already written, and should as least be worth borrowing
heavily from to accomplish this.

As for eliminating all the log files, why not just integrate RCS.
That allows keeping all the past incarnations of a file in
delta-backward form, and even allows the user to add a comment as to
what they did during any particular "session".

Just my $.000002.
--

Seeya,
Paul