Book clsoing [was: Re: Addition of HBCI support, Maturity of 1.7-branch, next stable release time frame?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:08:39 -0500

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 08:36:41PM -0700, David Hampton was heard to remark:
> On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 18:57, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > 1) save what kind of accounting method is used (FIFO, LIFO, or
> >    one of the other IRS/tax-authority approved methods).
>
> There really isn't such a thing.

Well, actually, there is.  Well, OK, your right, there isn't for
cap gains schedules for personal income taxes, but when you do corporate
income taxes, there's only a few accounting methods tht the IRS
recognizes, and they're listed in little checkboxes on the form. (I forget
the acronyms, MCARS or MACRS or something like that). But you get the
point.   And they vary from country to country.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>