Book clsoing [was: Re: Addition of HBCI support, Maturity of 1.7-branch, next stable release time frame?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:59:45 -0500

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:17:33AM -0500, Bill Gribble was heard to remark:
> On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 10:02, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > What gnucash does *not* do is track lots. Version 1.2 used to, with a
> > FIFO, but that functionality was lost in 1.4 due to political reasons.
> > Some of the developers did not understand the concept, and trashed the
> > code. :-(
>
> Actually, we understood the concept.  The code just sucked.

Ah, bull. The code was fine.  It worked.  It wasn't buggy.

> No politics, just technical abcess lancing.

Who's 'we'?   Are you saying you're the one who wrecked this function?
I always wondered who was to blame :-)

Tracking cap gains was the *only* reason that I ever wanted to
use gnucash for, and, for me, personally,  it was the #1 most important
feature.  So I was very sad to see it go, especially since it wasn't
replaced by anything comparable.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>