can't build from cvs

Martin Schulze MHL.Schulze@t-online.de
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:45:27 +0200

Hello!

The make system in cvs is buggy. This is annoying because it eats much
time. The first call to ./autogen.sh resulted in the following errors:

     lib/guile-www/Makefile.am:2: GNC_HAVE_GUILE_WWW does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
     src/app-file/Makefile.am:49: GNUCASH_SEPARATE_BUILDDIR does not
appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

At least a dozen errors from other makefiles concerning
GNUCASH_SEPARATE_BUILDDIR
follow. After adding two AM_CONDITONALs to configure.in ./autogen.sh
aborted again:

     src/business/business-core/Makefile.am:1: required directory
src/business/business-core/file does not exist

I've attached a patch for the last error. configure.in is ignored by cvs
diff
so I attached the whole file as it works for me.

The following message during configure just struck my eye:

     ./configure: 0: command not found

What's this? It doesn't hurt though - configure is just ready.
Now I type make...

     make[4]: Entering directory `/home/martin/test/gnucash/doc/html/C'
     make[4]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

Added doc/html/C/Makefile in configure.in. It will be in the patch.
Running autogen.sh again... Running make again...

     make[3]: Entering directory `/home/martin/test/gnucash/src/core-utils'
     rm -f gnucash g-wrapped
     ln -sf . gnucash     ln -sf . g-wrapped     touch .scm-links
     FLAVOR=gnome guile -c \
               "(set! %load-path (cons \"/usr/share/guile\" %load-path)) \
                (primitive-load \"./gw-core-utils-spec.scm\") \
                (gw:generate-wrapset \"gw-core-utils\")"
     **** NOTE: this wrapset appears to be empty !?
     ERROR: Unbound variable: gw:new-wrapset
     make[3]: *** [gw-core-utils.scm] Error 2

'cd'ing to different paths in src and typing make gives similar results.
Great! I wonder how you are working on that project.
Maybe you can hint me, what I'm doing wrong. Some info about my system:

     linux ... 2.4.4
     g-wrap-config --version ... 1.3.1
     guile --version ... Guile 1.4

Anything else that could be outdated and is not tested by configure?

Thanks for any help,

   Martin

P.S.: I haven't subscribed to the lists, so please cc to me