Book clsoing [was: Re: Addition of HBCI support, Maturity of 1.7-branch, next stable release time frame?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:24:21 -0500

Derek,

Can you think about & tell me about how things like payment terms for
billing is handled? i.e things like 30/60/90 day due dates, etc?

The point is that its relatively easy to add lots to the engine, as
described in these emails.  But they onlyu provide a grouping, and don't
store any other lot-specific data (such as billing terms, discount
rates, etc. for ar/ap type interfaces, or lord-knows what funny business for
inventory, or the accounting method used for depreciation.  We could
store this stuff in kvp's ... )

But I figure you'd have a quick answer.

In other words:  should we (you, I someone) implemnent 'minimal lots'
in the engine, ASAP?

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>