LibOFX 0.1 release

John Klar jklar@projectplasma.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:25:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Benoit [iso-8859-1] Gr=E9goire wrote:

> I am happy to finally announce the first public release of LibOFX.  I fin=
ally=20
> managed to write a little documentation, a sensible install and build=20
> procedure, dtd autoloading and something that looks almost like a web sit=
e to=20
> distribute it.  So here it is: http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/libofx/
> Direct link: http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/libofx/files/libofx-0.1.tar.gz

Congratulations on this first step!  I look forward to building your
library and putting it thru its paces.

> Somewhere in the future:
> -investment transactions.
> -Decryption, if someone has a need for it and provides sample files.

Granted that I haven't looked at the specs in over a year, but the only
encryption I'm aware of was SSL which is just transport encryption.  It's
up to the client to encrypt for storage.

> Call for help:
> -Please note that despite a very detailled spec, OFX is by nature very ha=
rd to=20
> test.  I only have access to the specifications examples, and
> my own bank (Desjardins).  But I need people to run as many ofx files fro=
m=20
> different banks as they can thru libofx, and report the result.

I'll run some of the statements from my bank (Affinity FCU) thru.  I'm not
sure how well they'll work since it's OFXv1.02.  IIRC 1.02 is a subset of
the later specs.  The only potential gotcha is that it is SGML as opposed
to XML.  We'll find out.

Perhaps a quick survey what version other peoples' banks use would be
enlightening?

John Klar