g-wrap spec file broken?

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
22 Apr 2002 19:54:06 -0700

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 07:12, aperomsik@mail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build g-wrap-1.3.2 so I can try the dreaded process of
> building gnucash CVS. (gotta try jsled's latest...) I was hoping to
> put g-wrap in an RPM but the supplied spec file seems to be broken or
> outdated... on the install stage it complains about missing
> g-wrap-runtime libraries. I can post more detailed errors if someone
> wants them. Meanwhile I'll just build it without RPM.

Actually its not that the specfile is broken, its that libtool is. Well
you may have an old specfile that doesn't work with the version you are
trying to use, but even so right now its really hard to get an rpm to
compile correctly, there's been various workarounds to this proposed by
others I know who have tried. The best suggestion I can make right now
is to compile it and install to /opt so that way you can easily just
remove the whole directory later.

Chris