Enhanced spec file for GnuCash 1.6.6

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
30 Apr 2002 15:46:46 -0700

--=-lAXL8kAh1TChk5JfGT7m

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 15:40, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.net> writes:
>=20
> > RPM scans all the library files in the rpm for dependencies,
> > so cross-linking is irrelevant. Putting the postgres backend
> > into a separate RPM would probably solve the problem, but I
> > haven't tried it.
>=20
> Might want to try it before denouncing the SQL backend ;) I agree that
> providing the SQL backend pre-built would be a Good Thing (TM).

I'm not denouncing the sql backend, I am rejecting Linas's reasoning
for why you should only build rpms with the backend enabled.
When I build rpms, I generally build one with and one without postgres.
Alternatively, we could have a base rpm plus an rpm that just has the
postgres backend. Either way, two rpms need to be built. The former
has the advantage that you only need to download one rpm either way,
the latter is probably easier for us to build, since you could probably
do it with one run of rpm.

dave

--=-lAXL8kAh1TChk5JfGT7m

--=-lAXL8kAh1TChk5JfGT7m--