loan/mortgage repayment via sched xactions: feedback request

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Aug 2002 19:18:20 -0400

Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> writes:

> | 4) on page 2: If I click on "... pay "Taxes"?", it auto-selects the
> |    "via Escrow account"..  If I deselect and select again, it does not
> |    do this.  Appears to be an initialization issue.  Same thing for
> |    Insurance, and PMI, but "Other Expense" does not appear to be
> |    affected.
>
> That's true.  I have a static structure [array] from which I init
> the druid's structure of what's going on in the druid... and the Other
> Expense has a different default value [FALSE] than the others ... so it's
> exactly that.  You're saying if the user doesn't change the selection,
> it should have the same default behavior?  That seems pretty reasonable.

Well, if the "via Escrow Account" is greyed out (because I did NOT
select "use escrow account" at the top of the page), then the toggle
should never get set..  The problem I'm seeing (with the "use escrow"
button un-checked) is that the _first_ time I select/de-select a
button it sets/unsets the "via Escrow" button (which is greyed out),
and the subsequent clicks of the selection do not.

If you do not select "use escrow" then clicking on any of the "pay
XXX" buttons should not affect the "via Escrow" under it.

> For the ...SetRemOccur, do you remember what you set the loan length and
> remaining-length values to?

10 years and, IIRC, 20.