localcharset.c: In function `get_charset_aliases':

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:57:53 +0200

Gansser, Martin wrote:

>>Err... are you sure this is a real solution? Now you have an implicit
>>function declaration during your compile (which doesn't give an error
>>anymore once you removed that compile option). IMHO implictly
>>declared functions are highly likely to be a BAD THING (tm), and solving this
>>problem rather means finding the right header file where that
>>function is declared.
>>
>>How about a 'grep getc_unlocked /usr/include/*.h' or the
>>other favorite locations for header-files?
>>

> here the output:
>
> # grep getc_unlocked /usr/include/*.h
>
> /usr/include/stdio.h:       extern int getc_unlocked(__FILE *);
> /usr/include/stdio.h:       extern int getc_unlocked();
> /usr/include/stdio.h:#     define getc_unlocked(__p)            (--(__p)->__cnt >= 0 ? \
> /usr/include/stdio.h:#     define getchar_unlocked()            getc_unlocked(stdin)
> /usr/include/stdio.h:#       define getc(__p)           getc_unlocked(__p)
> /usr/include/stdio.h:     extern int ungetc_unlocked(int, __FILE *);
> /usr/include/stdio.h:     extern int ungetc_unlocked();
>
> now what should I do .. include ...

Does the file gnucash-1.6.7/intl/localcharset.c have a line
'#include <stdio.h>' ? If not, you might consider just adding this, and
then the compile should run.

However, as I said, the intl/ subdir is not written by us, but instead
it is copied there by xml-i18-tools or something like that. The source
file probably has a note about that (I can't check that right now.)

Christian