gnucash

Herbert Thoma tma@iis.fhg.de
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:44:41 +0200

Peter van Summeren wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to use gnucash. I downloaded gnucash and tried to install it, but
> always something went wrong (SIGV). But also I had somewhile ago downloaded
> 7.3 RH, three discs. I discovered that on  disc2  there was gnucash in the
> RPMS! But when I tried to install, again there was a complaint. But now it
> was different:
> Dependency Problem:
>   libg-wrap-runtime-guile.so.2 is needed for gnucash-1.6.6-3
>
> I do not know what that beast is. Guile? I looked for development and there
> was something like guile*.rpm. This time "install" worked - for guile. But
> not for gnucash. The same complaint.

Hi,

guile is Project GNU's extension language, an interpreter for
the scheme language. The Homepage of guile is

http://www.gnu.ai.mit.edu/software/guile/guile.html

I am not familiar with the Red Hat distribution, so I am
forwarding your question to the gnucash-devel list

gnucash-devel@gnucash.org

Please direct further questions to this list, as there are a lot of
people there who will be able to help you better than I can.

Kind Regards,
 Herbert.

> I do not know where to look for. Please could you help me?
> with friendly greetings,
> Peter van Summeren

Herbert Thoma
FhG-IIS A, Studio Department
Am Wolfsmantel 33, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Phone: +49-9131-776-323
Fax:   +49-9131-776-399
email: tma@iis.fhg.de
www: http://www.iis.fhg.de/