linking problem

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Aug 2002 11:50:20 -0400

"Gansser, Martin" <MGansser@rand.de> writes:

> gmake install didn't the job it only copy the script and not the executable to /opt/gnucash/bin
>
> prounix_root:/users/mgansser/GNU/gnucash-1.6.7/src/.libs # file gnucash
> gnucash:        PA-RISC1.1 shared executable dynamically linked -not stripped
>
> if I do 'cp src/.libs/gnucash /opt/gnucash/bin'

This sounds like a libtool problem to me.

The install script is supposed to run:

libtool --mode=install ...

And that is supposed to re-link the executable and install it in the
destination directory.  It sounds like this is not happening for some
reason for you.

There is nothing any of us can do for you.

Sorry.

If you solve the problem, we'd appreciate an email explaining what
you did.  But at this point I'm afraid you're on your own.

-derek