Gnucash website

Derek Neighbors derek@gnue.org
26 Aug 2002 20:24:52 -0700

> > 4) My understanding is that savanah is hosted on the sourceforge cpu's
> > and network, so it suffers from the same problem.

Um I think FSF pretty much abhors fact that sourceforge went way of prop
software and I do not think it is on the VA network.  I think the
servers are now in boston.  (at one time I think they did get some
resources from VA, but I think that stopped)

> None of these represent reasons to reject having a _MIRROR_ at such sites.
>
> They may not be of "years-at-a-time uptime," but if there exist multiple
> "somewhat unreliable sources," that can provide better reliability than having
> just one host of somewhat indeterminate reliability.

More imporantly if you choose savannah/GNU site as one of the 'mirror'
sites, it in turn gets mirrored all over the global.

> Nobody is saying that the "authoritative" CVS move to SourceForge; just that

It helps when things come up to have this ability. :)

-Derek