1.7.4 comments

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:56:23 -0800

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:25:17PM -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:

| - A default of "daily" for scheduled transactions does not seem
|   particularly useful.  It's nice to see this feature find its way into

No, it's not; good call. The default will be changed.

|   gnucash, but the interface seems a bit cumbersome, still.  Some years ago
|   I used to use MS Money; it had a nice, one-at-a-time interface for
|   disposing of scheduled transactions.  Why did gnucash go with a "make
|   several passes over the list" approach?

Because a) the current druid grew from a previous idea about how it would
work which was even more segmented and b) it made sense to me to do it
that way... I saw [see] it as a phased process, with explicit transitions.
None of the 5 people that voice opinions about it suggested anything else.

What do you mean by "one-at-a-time"?

| - Why no "twice a month" frequency for scheduled transactions?  One can

I think semi-monthly is what you want, though weekly(x2) might work, too.
A known issue with 1.7.4, however, is that monthly days > 28 and the
"last-day-of-month" option aren't working correctly.

|   Most things work fine anyway, but the "druid" windows come up blank.
|   There must be a way to tell it to look for a font it likes, but I
|   couldn't find it.

Any Druid in particular?

| Don't take the above as indicative of how my article will read; there's a
| lot of good stuff in this release and I will point it out.

Thanks for that, and thanks for the feedback!

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
jabber:jsled@jabber.asynchronous.org, ICQ:4983267, {AIM,YIM}:joshsled