1.7.4 comments

Jonathan Corbet lwn-gnucash@lwn.net
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:23:26 -0700

> | Some years ago
> |   I used to use MS Money; it had a nice, one-at-a-time interface for
> |   disposing of scheduled transactions.  Why did gnucash go with a "make
> |   several passes over the list" approach?
>
> What do you mean by "one-at-a-time"?

It would present each scheduled transaction individually, and provide all
the options you would expect: delete, defer, or apply (possibly with
changes).  It let you think about each transaction exactly once, then be
done with it.

> |   Most things work fine anyway, but the "druid" windows come up blank.
> |   There must be a way to tell it to look for a font it likes, but I
> |   couldn't find it.
>
> Any Druid in particular?

All of them, starting with the "create a new set of accounts" dialog.

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net
corbet@lwn.net