Updated 1.8 release schedule

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Dec 2002 13:13:54 -0500

Bill,

This conversation is certainly reasonable to keep on the gnucash-devel
list.  So, if you don't mind keeping that in the CC?  Thanks..

Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> writes:

> What are the specific issues with g-wrap/guile? What I noticed here
> is that it caused guile to segfault, although I haven't debugged that
> to the point where it could be blamed on gnucash or g-wrap yet. ;)

Honestly, I dont recall..  ISTR that g-wrap had some issues with newer
guile, but I don't know what they are/where.  I do know (well, RLB
claims ;) that g-wrap-1.3.3 passes it's "make check" on a guile-1.6
system.  So, once we've got that going we can see what the issue is
with Gnucash.

One of the g-wrap/gnucash issues is the number of warnings g-wrap
spews.  Once we upgrade to 1.3.3 we can turn on -Werror and find
compiler warnings elsewhere, in particular against guile-1.6 (if there
are any).

In the past I know we've had to work around guile smob issues.
Unfortunately I don't know what the issue with guile-1.6 is offhand,
so I have no where to point you.  Unfortunately rlb has always been
the real guile hacker, and he (and most of the other guile hackers)
have "left" the gnucash project, leaving those left behind having to
up-port all their code :(